PMMA Multi Layer Disc
BesQual PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate)
- PMMA stands for polymethyl methacrylate, which is a type of acrylic resin.
- PMMA is a thermoplastic material, which means it can be heated and molded into various shapes and sizes. It can also be milled by CAD/CAM systems to create precise and customized restorations2.
- PMMA is extremely color-stable and possesses a high translucency, which makes it suitable for the fabrication of temporary crowns, bridges, inlays and onlays. It can also be used for long-term provisional restorations, such as implant-supported dentures
- PMMA has a low water absorption rate and a high resistance to stains, which helps to maintain the esthetics and hygiene of the restorations. It also has a low thermal conductivity and a high biocompatibility, which reduces the risk of sensitivity and irritation to the oral tissues.
- PMMA is a cost-effective and easy-to-use material, which can be polished and repaired easily. It can also be blended with other materials, such as zirconia or metal, to enhance the strength and durability of the restorations.